To provide female students attending Long-Island based colleges and universities with a competitive edge for their entry into the business world.
About Jr Moxxie Program
Jr Moxxie membership is considered a privilege as well as a responsibility. Select students are given unique opportunities to be mentored by and network with senior-level businesswomen from various industries across the Long Island region. Jr Moxxie stresses the importance of networking and building your personal brand as a career strategy.
Ideal candidates will: a) have the time to commit to Jr Moxxie and accept it as a responsibility; b) have an eagerness to gain new experiences that will benefit her future career endeavors; c) make a commitment to meet with her mentor at least twice a month, virtually or in-person; c) attend networking events (if permitted); d) be available on certain Fridays for field trips and/or workshops.
Interested students may apply via our online application.
Jr Moxxie Provides
- Kick-Off / Wrap-Up Socials for mentees and mentors
- An individual, trained mentor from the business community from September through May
- Career-focused programming
- Live, interactive webinars with industry experts
- On-site career exploration trips to leading companies in our region
- Internship and job opportunities
- Invitations to business networking events with mentors and other Moxxie ambassadors
- Personalized Jr Moxxie business cards
Past Jr Moxxie Industry Exploration Field Trips
- ABC Eyewitness News
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- New York Yankees
- WCBS New Radio 880
- Nassau County DA's Office
- MacArthur Airport
- Northwell Health System
- Rachael Ray Show
- Oheka Castle
- Office of Senator Gillibrand
- Canon USA
- LI Herald / Richner Publications
- East/West Industries
- Island Harvest
- D'Addario Music
Program Fee: FREE
Moxxie is proud to offer full program scholarships given to all students accepted into the program. Please note this is NOT a school scholarship.
Colleges and Universities
Partner with Moxxie Mentoring Foundation and give your female students a competitive edge.
Listen to our Jr Moxxie information webinar:
Listen to the abbreviated version of the webinar
WOMEN IN BUSINESS: interested in mentoring a female college student? Click here.